The curriculum consists on lessons based off agriculture and soil health activities. The lessons serve to create a guide to teachers who plan to incorporate agriculture into their students learning. Projects and activities are included to help with the students have a hands-on experience. Lessons will range to be an hour long including their corresponding activities.
FARMS: Future Ag Researchers in Middle School to outreach elementary students to give them experience in agricultural science and hands-on learning opportunities.
We’re developing our curriculm. We will publish as it becomes available and tested by teachers and classrooms.
- Lesson 1: Soil and Agriculture
- Lesson 2: Soil Texture
- Lesson 3: Development of Agriculture and Scientific Method
- Lesson 4: Plant Cell vs Animal Cell and Photosynthesis
- Lesson 5: Soil Conservation
- Soil Texture Activity
- Rhizotron Observations Template
- Soil Science Lesson Planning
- USDA Fellows Classroom Tips